Home Watch Services
Weekly home visits are suggested, bi-weekly acceptable. There is just too much that can go wrong with your home while you are away. In our tropical climate, given the right conditions, mold can grow within 72 hours!
We customize our checklists to the needs of each client’s home but below are just the basics for any visit to your home.
- Upon Arrival
- Exterior check of grounds, landscape, pests, lawn and sprinklers
- Remove newspapers, flyers, check mailbox
- Visual check of outdoor light fixtures
- Visual exterior check including roof (from ground), screens, windows, AC units, fence
- Turn water ON – “gingerly”
- Enter home, disarm security system, if appropriate
- Interior Check
- Check all windows and doors for damage and ensure they are locked
- Visual check for signs of water damage, mold and mildew
- Cycle the water: brush and flush toilets, run water in sinks (including garbage disposal), tubs and showers
- Check the water heater – it should be turned OFF at circuit breaker, or on Vacation Mode, when water main is OFF. If there is a Circulator Pump, that should be OFF. Procedure varies by type of equipment
- Check for signs of insects, pests and rodents
- Check closets, pantry and storage cabinets
- Verify AC and humidistat settings; adjust as necessary
- Check refrigerator, freezers and wine coolers for proper temp and operation
- Reset clocks after power outage
- Check circuit breaker panels
- Check garage and make sure door to garage is locked
- Lanai and Pool Area
- Check water level and condition of water
- Check equipment and pool control panel
- Check screen door, screening and cage structure
- Final departure: “Look. Listen. Lock.”
- Enable security system, lock doors
- Turn OFF water supply
Carefree Home Watch, LLC utilizes the EXCLUSIVE Water Zone Home Watch Method.
This is a very general Home Watch Checklist intended for illustration purposes only.
Each checklist is customized for the property and homeowner requests.